25.10.08

4P-s

(or 4 Piss-offs)

[Pakshet.]
The penultimate weekend of October carries with it stress with the capital S.
Tricky little sucker of a Saturday, I had to skip the annual winefest in Islington which I really wanted NOT to miss in lieu of 4 stressful Ps--

Pack up for an end of the month moving out
Pasalubong shopping
,
Prepping for a presentation and
PMS.

Does it get better than the 4Ps???

Yes it does, because this time next week- I'll be home.
In Pinas.
Nothing but nothing will bring me more pleasure than the sheer enjoyment of a weekend family lunch in Polo Club among other 'very-home-is-where-the-heart-is' things.

Seeing the sun rise and set as I stare outside my bedroom window.

(OH, which reminds me it is officially a working holiday...)
The people I'm meeting were nice enough to book an accommodation for me, but why stay there when I can do so with my family?

I did say I intended to make the most of this trip.

I intend to dirtydance my weekned nights away and not go home till the blasted DJ stops the music and kicks me out of the dancefloor with a note, sing in all-out karaoke bleeding heart fashion (the MagicSing I have in Londres just doesn't have the same feel to it), and have massages with Analyn upon hours on end. Inuman will be part of the equation and it will involve friends and family.

BUT in my put-away heart, I do wish for THAT gift. (It beckons ever so rarely now...but it still does...)

I hope some random thing picks me up and tells me, go and have your time to relax and have a beach weekend. A time to rest your weary soul and just sleep off the stresses of the last year or so. [Wouldn't it be nice if i had George (as in Clooney...or someone equally dashing...) pick me up and take me to the beach.] I just realized that it's been three years since my feet last felt grainy sand and I don't think 2008 is the year of the beach comeback.

I know there will be no surprises for this trip, but this Leonine needs nothing more than to return to her Manilagal roots albeit temporarily.

I can't wait...to be home.