2.10.08

To my long lost 'friend'

It was nice touching base with you. Truly. I can't believe I met you when I was 13! Un-effin'-believable!

In the long years that I've been single (by choice & by principle!), I have met men, many of whom I've become confidantes with. I don't mean pillow-talk confidantes okay?
Just to point out, these men are really just friends over drinks and dinner talking about life in general.

MEN, of varying ages, sizes and affiliations (players, realists, settlers among others.)
Small but smart,
Tall but jockish,
Spoiled & (eternally) arrogant,
The humble millionaire,
The name-dropper,
The late-bloomer,
The one with the Peter Pan syndrome,
The forever substance abuser...oh, you get the picture.


Which category do you fall into? (another blatant inquisition).

I am just straightforward but rest assured, I reserve judgment for the lot of people who deserve no less. I've learned the hard way how it was to be misjudged, so I don't indulge in the very tempting feast of double standard rumormongering so rampant in Pinas.

On my end, I have had initial attraction that bloomed into friendship, or interest that wilted into disinterest, friendships that I decided were better left as... and even some rather strange incidents since I've landed in Londres.

I've come to see men as the perfect friends, I was a tomboy for a long time so make up talk and fashion after 15 minutes does not make much sense to me.

All that aside, I've come to believe that trust + unconditional love + care/concern are all ingredients. But I've also come to believe that laughter, friendship and the *WOOT* factor are just as essential.

Who was it that said, ''...after the fall, must come the RISE?"
Wise words indeed! I think some people are just scared to be alone, more than anything. I think I passed the stage with flying colors when London was declared the hardest city to survive in. I think I like myself more and I've dealt with my sort of 'hard' past.

Good that you don't worry about the romantic stuff, but I hope you haven't relegated it as an impossibility! Just think it's better to be single for the right reasons than to be with someone for all the wrong ones. Nothing lonelier than waking up next to someone who's wrong for you.

So to full-on passion and drinking it in... with the pulps!!!