2.5.08

Maestra--- moi?!?

I start teaching my students on Tuesday. I was put in charge of the Upper-Intermediates. I feel a bit anxious and a bit excited about this development. I am about to prepare my lesson plan as I ponder on the 20-minute and 40-minute exercises that I am to prepare for this week.

I have a bit of an issue with this. A minute alter-ego-ish ish. Really. I have a fear of public speaking. Normally I fare very well one on one but I have a converse attention problem. The moment that all eyes are on me, I seem to lose sight of my focus and my speech just tattles on its own. So it isn't that I freeze and dry. (Didn't I say 'CONVERSE' attention prob???) But I feel this is a minor altercation I will have to overcome and that is why I chose to take up this course.

The challenge is to teach the students and use the 20 minutes given to me as a chance to make a difference by teaching them something that they will hopefully use when they speak in the near future. If I can leave at least a couple of language nuggets in their minds then the exercise would not have been in vain.

I feel very pressured to make a difference because one of my Spanish students remarked to me that it has been years and she hasn't felt an improvement in her English

Ah...all this will change.

After all, I am the hostess with the mostest. Rowwwrrr!!!


xx