10.9.08

The Fa'afafine Files

(no thanks to mid afternoon caffeine!!!)--> Or aptly put, superdooper T-H-A-N-K-S to the shell shocking effects of the Ristretto caffeine that turned my bad day around?!?

OH。OH。OH。

I had such a rough-and-tumble day at work. As I went on my way, after my colleague Lucy & I had said our goodbyes, I went to the nearby Caffe Nero and downed a doppio espresso to go. I figured day was so bad, it was only caffeine that could turn the day drastically around- as it turns out-- I GOT MORE THAN I BARGAINED FOR!!!

I looked into my trusty ol Mac and tinkered with the camera, and the caffeine-infused rush (SHOCK?!?) started out innocently enough 。。。

This is a 'sample' shot of me with deux shots of espresso ristretto looking into the camera and testing the 'waters.' (May nalalaman pang sample shot ha!!)


。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 and the caffeine peak 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。
This shot looks very Miss Saigon-y. That you are Sunlight ... and I moon... bit. But I am playing the movie in my mind as a lonestar as my 'Chris' is still lost in translation.


And suddenly 。。。
"Nakanganga!!!"


Here's the fine Leonine with THAT extra-Oomph of sunshine!


。。。but I would have to say that the utter shock (horror really!) was when I saw-


THE Epitome of Fafafini (Kainis!)


Definition of the Term:
Fafafini (Samoan - Fa'afafine) is a third gender specific to Samoan culture. Fafafini are biologically men who have been raised to assume female gender roles since early childhood. (A-K-more crudely-A, Transgender amp!!!)

A huge huge huge shoutout to my Vegas ciccia E who couldn't help but LOL when she saw the pics and for helping me choose the ones that made the Fa'afafine Final Laff Fix!!! (Even at the expense of being caught in the act by their Fafafini recep!!)!


As the day comes to a close, I realise that there are a slew of bad days--YES, but it all changes when your mind's eye dwells on the POSITIVE.
Have a good laugh at yourself (just as I did!!!)


All's well that ends well。 Live on, LAUGH ON!!!


x