12.9.08

the I.T. Man with the Golden Mean

Today mid-afternoon, our officially I.T. guy, the ever-efficient James, has become one of our regular weekend fixtures at work. He's been IN 2 Friday afternoons in a row now. And each time, the conversation between he, Yvette and I gets more laugh-out-loud than the last. In hindsight, I am usually the listener in the trio because I always like to hear the views of men more than women. (Women can talk SHIT too you know.) 在我同事其中有一位喜欢上了他. 我也怪不得她因这位帅哥的性格挺好的. Shame she's out of the office and he's been in maybe thrice this week. But the crush is not surprising. To that point, I must admit that I've been here a month short of a year and I confirm that he is one of the better looking blokes I've seen this side of the world. It has to be said though that my colleague 周. did have to point out to me that he was quite a looker before it registered in mine eyes. (Slower than slow, that's me!!!) I'm always the individual with the delayed reaction where men are concerned. That was the case then. This is the case NOW. It might be a case of oneness with mundaneness. I'm so used to the males as mates and have way too many guy friends that I've started seeing them all the same way. Not a bad thing as I've gotten on very well with them. There's delay that I just seem not to sit up and notice in general the quality kinda men who need noticing. (Which is what the girls that surround me are for!!!)

But I digress.

Today he, Yvette and I talked about relationships. Can you imagine? The I.T. expert (cool geek) was tinkering away on the software and giving out love-advice in the interim. (I know so few men who multitask.) Funnily, the I.T. guy was actually very forthcoming about his own relationship as well. Yvette is officially partnered in 24 days. I am officially single. And he is officially in what is known as "It's Complicated.'' Truth be told, insight (his) was in plain view as he shelled out the goods where love advice was concerned. Advice was very good considering he was a dude. I think he's actually a lot deeper than most men I've spoken to. I wish 周 could have been there to hear his views. She would absolutely swandive and fall head over her high heels. But alas! I am not one to kiss and tell all, so that said she may actually have to wait for the next Dr. Love session with James the I.T. guy. I was telling him not to ruin my romantic illusions and he told me to just stop looking for romance. Much to my chagrin and misbegotten romantic wide-eyed inclination, he said that romance should not be expected to come through my door in its obvious context. That I should stop thinking romance will happen at first glance. Because he swears that it will happen, but it will come when you are not looking. Romance does not happen on the onslaught of meeting THE one, it comes when you least expect with someone who with constant interaction becomes THE ONE.

Salient point, my good man!

So to our I.T. guy James (who will never read this!), a round of drinks on me for two jobs well done. Activating the connector that lets me finally have our database on my PC (which is an already orgasmic pre-weekend feat!). More importantly for talking sense into this stubborn git about love, romance and the lot. It has taken a while for the penny to drop, but yes, it has dropped. You've popped the love cherry by dropping the penny. Thanks.


x